Buy Now with Best Price
A conceptual and practical presentation of the strengths perspective in social work.
Part of Advancing Core Competencies Series, a unique series that helps students taking advanced social work courses apply CSWE’s core competencies and practice behaviors examples to specialized fields of practice.
The Strengths Perspective in Social Work Practice, 6/e, presents both conceptual and practical elements of the strengths perspective - from learning about and practicing the strengths perspective to using the strengths perspective with older adults, the chronically ill, and substance abusers.
Many of the chapters- address recent events –from the tragic shooting in Tucson to the uprisings in the Middle East. Each chapter begins with a section from an expert in the field.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Improve Critical Thinking – Each chapter contains four critical thinking questions and two short essay questions that require the reader to apply key concepts.
- Engage Students – Extensive case examples keep students interested and help them see a connection between theory and practice.
- Explore Current Issues – Three new chapters have been added to reflect the most current knowledge in the field.
- Apply CSWE Core Competencies – The text integrates the 2008 CSWE EPAS, with critical thinking questions and practice tests to assess student understanding and development of competencies and practice behaviors.
- Support Instructors – PowerPoint presentations are available with this text.
Used Book in Good Condition