Buy Now with Best Price
It is well understood that proper nutrition has a significant impact on sports performance. All of the essential nutrients must be supplied in the right amounts and at the right times for an athlete to achieve optimal health and performance. In addition, when devising eating strategies that will help athletes meet their goals, sports nutritionists must take account of personal preferences, social and cultural issues, and a whole range of other factors.
This latest volume in the Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine series, published by Wiley in partnership with the Medical Commission of the International Olympic Committee, Sports Nutrition covers this dynamic field in unparalleled depth and breadth, from the scientific underpinnings of nutritional science to the development of practical nutritional programs for athletes in a range of sports. Written and edited by the world’s leading authorities on nutrition in sports, this timely new reference:
- Provides comprehensive coverage of nutrition for both individual and team sports
- Presents current knowledge of macronutrients, micronutrients, and dietary supplements for the athlete, outlining both benefits and risks
- Offers clear guidance on the unique nutritional needs of special populations of athletes, such as vegetarian athletes, young athletes and aging athletes
- Includes chapters on the clinical nutritional needs of diabetic athletes and athletes with weight management issues
- Carries the full endorsement of the IOC Medical Commission