Buy Now with Best Price
Offered in print, online, and downloadable formats, this updated edition of Stroke: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management delivers convenient access to the latest research findings and management approaches for cerebrovascular disease. Picking up from where J. P. Mohr and colleagues left off, a new team of editors ― Drs. Grotta, Albers, Broderick, Kasner, Lo, Mendelow, Sacco, and Wong ― head the sixth edition of this classic text, which is authored by the world’s foremost stroke experts.
- Comprehensive, expert clinical guidance enables you to recognize the clinical manifestations of stroke, use the latest laboratory and imaging studies to arrive at a diagnosis, and generate an effective medical and surgical treatment plan.
- Abundant full-color CT images and pathology slides help you make efficient and accurate diagnoses.
- Data from late-breaking endovascular trials equips you with recent findings.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of advances in molecular biology of cell death; risk factors and prevention; advances in diagnostics and stroke imaging; and therapeutic options, including a thorough review of thrombolytic agents and emerging data for endovascular therapy.
- Features brand-new chapters on Intracellular Signaling: Mediators and Protective Responses; The Neurovascular Unit and Responses to Ischemia; Mechanisms of Cerebral Hemorrhage; Stroke Related to Surgery and Other Procedures; Cryptogenic Stroke; and Interventions to Improve Recovery after Stroke.
- Highlights new information on genetic risk factors; primary prevention of stroke; infectious diseases and stroke; recovery interventions such as robotics, brain stimulation, and telerehabilitation; and trial design.
- Details advances in diagnostic tests, such as ultrasound, computed tomography (including CT angiography and CT perfusion), MRI (including MR perfusion techniques), and angiography.
- Includes extracted and highlighted evidence levels.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with print purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references on a variety of devices. The content can also be downloaded to tablets and smart phones for offline use.
Combat stroke with the most comprehensive and updated multimedia resource on the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of stroke from leaders in the field