Buy Now with Best Price
This practical guide connects the theory of neuroscience with real-world clinical application by utilizing first person accounts of neurological disorders and in-depth case studies. It also provides clear descriptions of a complete range of neurological disorders. Special features such as "at-a-glance" summaries, pathology boxes, and hundreds of full-color illustrations, enhance the learning experience and make it easy to master the fundamentals of neuroscience rehabilitation.
- Systems approach to neuroscience helps you develop a fuller understanding of concepts in the beginning of the text and apply them to new clinical disorders later in the text.
- Five sections: Cellular Level, Development, Systems, Regions, and Support Systems show how neural cells operate first, and then help you apply that knowledge while developing an understanding of systems neuroscience.
- UNIQUE! An emphasis on neuroscience issues critical for practice of physical rehabilitation such as abnormal muscle tone, chronic pain, and control of movement.
- Evidence-based content has been updated to reflect the most recent research.
- Patient experience boxes at the beginning of each chapter give insight from actual patients and the patients’ experiences with disorders discussed in the text.
- Clinical notes case studies include bulleted information relevant to the clinician.
- NEW! Chapter on pain will help students understand the physiological origins of pain and how it can be treated.
- NEW! Color standardization in anatomy images will familiarize you with structures and their functions across systems.
W B Saunders Company