Buy Now with Best Price
The concise, easy-to-understand Neurology for the Speech-Language Pathologist, 6th Edition provides students and clinicians with a practical guide for the study and understanding of neurology in speech-language pathology (SLP). Correlated with clinical syndromes and diseases seen in SLP, it gives you a solid understanding of the nervous system, including: development of the nervous system, organization of the brain, protective mechanisms, descending motor and ascending sensory pathways, and cranial nerves. New content, case studies, and a strong clinical focus make this new edition essential as you move into practice.
- Case studies and clinical applications in clinically oriented chapters provide you with realistic clinical applications.
- Presents complex information clearly in a concise, easy-to-understand manner.
- Clinical emphasis throughout makes this text valuable as you move into clinical practice ― and prepare for the Praxis exam.
- Evolve companion website has vocabulary flashcards and study questions with answers so students can assess their knowledge.
- Key terms in each chapter and an end-of-text glossary give you easy access to accurate, concise definitions.
- NEW! Separate section on pediatric speech and language disorders , including a chapter on the developing brain.
- EXPANDED! Updated sections on neurodiagnostic and neuroimaging procedures, as well as childhood apraxia of speech, fluency disorders, Autism, and TBI.
- NEW! Updated discussion of the anatomy and function of the cerebellum gives you the most current information.
- UPDATED! Covers the latest neuroimaging research on anatomy, physiology, and disorders of speech-language.
- EXPANDED! Discusses the brain connectivity and the neural network underlying learning and language.
- EXPANDED! Addresses motor control for speech production so you stay in the know.