Buy Now with Best Price
Clinical Decision Making in Fluency Disorders is back in a new fourth edition and has been thoroughly updated with recent advances in the field and a current review of the literature. It continues to focus on therapeutic tools for the speech-language pathologist to assist clients who stutter. Written with enthusiasm and creativity, the text centers not only on increasing fluency, but also on the therapeutic journey by reviewing goals, techniques for assessment and counseling, and ongoing disorder management.
Clinical Decision Making in Fluency Disorders will benefit graduate students who are beginning their comprehensive study of fluency disorders, as well as professional clinicians expanding their knowledge of this specialty area. This text provides clinical insights to assist people who stutter with their ability to communicate and enhance their quality of life. A PluralPlus companion website includes PowerPoint lecture slides for every chapter, sample syllabus, multiple choice questions, and assessment measures.
New to this edition:
- Reorganization of chapters for better flow of material
- Three new chapters on the nature of change, counseling, and the therapeutic process
- Additional Clinical Decision Making and Clinical Insight boxes with vignettes that illustrate distinctive clinical examples and unique perspectives
- Added or expanded sections on critical thinking, mindfulness, temperament, anxiety, acceptance and commitment therapy, resilience and protective factors
- Updated sections on genetics and neuroimaging research
*Note Regarding Access to Supplementary Content Online: This book comes with related materials hosted on a PluralPlus companion website. If you purchase or rent a used copy of the printed book, the code to access the website printed inside the book may have been previously redeemed/used or be incorrect and you will NOT be able to use it. To guarantee access to the supplementary materials on the website, it is recommended you purchase a new/unused copy of this book directly from Amazon or the publisher, Plural Publishing, Inc. If you purchase from other resellers, check with the reseller regarding the validity of the access code before completing your purchase. The publisher will not replace inactive access codes to customers renting or purchasing used books from Amazon or via other resellers.